Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My first pattern, a Teacup!!

I'm extremely excited to show off my first pattern. I took the idea from the previous teacups I've made from patterns that I slightly altered. But this one I re-invented and added so much to it!
It make a life-size teacup now.
I made this for my boyfriend's Nan. She loves tea and has a brown and tan living room. So I wanted to make it brown, but added blue to make it interesting. I love how it came out. I hope she loves it as much as I do!
Here are some images of the teacup itself and the pattern will follow the photos.
Before I added the bottom rim:


Here you can see the bottmo and bottom rim better.




I originally found a pattern for a teacup bookmark, I used that to make a few keychains. Well then I altered it so much, that I consider it mine. I made a medium sized teacup and made my own pattern. I wrote it all down. So here it is. If you don't understand please leave a comment and I'll try to help out as much as I can!

TEA CUP
MC= Main color
AC= Alternate color
4.5mm crochet hook

Cup
With MC, work 6 sc into magic ring. (6)
Round 1: 2 sc in each stitch (12)
Round 2: *2 sc in first st, sc in next st* repeat (18)
Round 3: * 2 sc in first st, sc in next 2*repeat (24)
Round 4: attach AC and continue with AC *2 sc in first st, sc in next 3* repeat (30)
Round 5: attach MC and continue with AC *sc in each stitch* (30)
Round 6: *sc in each stitch* (30)
Round 7: attach AC and continue with AC *sc in each stitch* (30)
Round 8: attach MC and continue with AC *sc in each stitch* (30)
Round 9: *sc in each stitch* (30)
Round 10: attach AC and continue with AC *sc in each stitch* (30)
Round 11: attach MC and continue with AC *sc in each stitch* (30)
Round 12: *sc in each stitch* at end of round 12 slip stitch to first sc of round (30)
Fasten off

When you are finished you will have 3 single rows of your AC, with 2 rows of your MC between them.

Lower rim
Ch 31 with color of your choice, I used my AC so it lined up with that row.
Sc in second ch for hook and sc in each ch across (30)
fasten off and leave long tail for attaching.
Sew the chain side to the cup. I lined mine up with my AC so it matched.

Handle
Ch 4, Sc in second ch for hook and in next 2 ch, turn
Row 2-12: Ch 1, sc in each sc across, turn
At end of row 12, fasten off and leave long tail
Using long tail sew the long ends together, then sew to cup

Teabag
Leave long tail, this will be used for the string of the tea bag and attached to the cup
Ch 4, Sc in second ch for hook and in next 2 ch, turn
Row 2-4(or to your desired height): Ch 1, sc in each sc across, turn
At end of row 4, fasten off and weave tail into piece
Using long tail from the beginning, attach to top rim of cup where ever you'd like the tea bag to be coming out of the cup.

Tea (will be sewn into cup)
With Tea color, work 6 sc into magic ring. (6)
Round 1: 2 sc in each stitch (12)
Round 2: *2 sc in first st, sc in next st* repeat (18)
Round 3: * 2 sc in first st, sc in next 2*repeat (24)
Round 4: *2 sc in first st, sc in next 3* repeat (30)
Round 5: *2 sc in first st, sc in next 4* repeat (36)
Round 6: *2 sc in first st, sc in next 5* repeat (42)
Fasten off, leave long tail for sewing to cup
Stuff cup
Attach tea to cup

1 comment: