Friday, April 1, 2011

Hello Kitty

I think Hello Kitty is so cute! I found this pattern, here. I altered it, of course. lol I have mostly seen HK in red and pink, so those are the colors that I used. I also attached 2 small yellow buttons. I fashioned her after this image:

The eyes I followed the pattern for the nose, magic ring of 6 sc, which I sewed onto the face making an oval as I sewed it on.
For the whiskers I used yarn instead of felt. I made a sort of "cross" shape by tying one short string to another in the middle and cut one end to make a short to T shape. I then pulled the strings through stitchs to make the whiskers.

I didn't like the bow that came with the pattern so I made this one up:
-Bow-
Row 1: ch 8, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across: 7 sc
Rows 2-3: ch 1, turn, working in back loops only, sc in each sc across: 11 sc
Border: do not turn, sc in along side of each row, in each ch across bottom, and along other side of each row.
Slip stitch until the middle of the bow, about the 4th sc in from the side, cut yarn, leaving long tail with last slip stitch on your hook still. After you cut the yarn, pull it through the slip stitch. Wrap tail around bow and tie in a knot. Then wrap the tail around the bow until it is the desired size pull tail under all of the loops you just made, this will secure it. With the remaining tail sew bow on.

The body I also altered:
-Body-
(In red)
Round 1: 6 sc into magic ring (6)
Round 2: 2 sc in each sc around (12)
Round 3: sc in next st, 2 sc in next sc, around (18)
Round 4: sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next sc, around (24)
Round 5: sc in next 3 sts, 2 sc in next sc, around (30)
Round 6: sc in next 4 sts, 2 sc in next sc, around (36)
Round 7: sc around (36)
Round 8: sc in next 4 sts, dec over next 2 sts, around (30)
Round 9-10: sc around (30)
(switch to Pink)
Round 11: sc in next 3 sts, dec over next 2 sts, around (24)
Round 12-14: sc around (24)
Round 15: sc in next 2 sts, dec over next 2 sts, around (18)
Round 16: sc around (18)
F/O leaving long tail to attach to head


No comments:

Post a Comment