Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin spiced glazed donuts

I found this recipe on Pinterest. Of course. It made delicious donuts.
Pillsbury Grands Pumpkin Doughnuts
I used the Pillsbury flakey layers jr biscuits. The glaze in the recipe was too thick, like a ball. So I added 1/3 cup of milk and it made it perfect. Plus now I have some left over for later. Oh, and the 4 cups of powdered surge r is a whole box of regular sized powders sugar.

I flattened my biscuits out which helped and made them perfect. Then I used a tall shot glass that I had sprayed with non-stick spray to cut out the holes, which I also fried and glazed.

I found that frying the donuts until they were LIGHT golden brown made them perfect. If you get them until they're a slightly darker golden brown it makes them more like crullers.

Then after I glazed them I left them to dry a bit on a cooking rack that I had set up over a cookie sheet that had wax paper on is so the drippings would fall on the paper and not the cookie sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment